OMDC-DOC Toronto Mentorship Program @ Hot Docs
2013 Participants Announced!
The Documentary Organization of Canada, Toronto Chapter has come together once again with the OMDC and Hot Docs to offer an incredible opportunity for high potential emerging and mid-career documentary filmmakers to make the most of the Hot Docs experience.
Congratulations to our eight selected participants!
Marc Serpa Francoeur
Jane Hui Wang
L-R: Summer Love (Mentorship Program Coordinator), Rama Rau (DOC Toronto Board Member and Lead Mentor), Martin Harbury (OMDC Film and TV Consultant), Jane Hui Wang, Margarita Ramon, Yvonne Drebert, Nadia Tavazzani, Robinder Uppal, Victoria Lean, Marc Serpa Francoeur, Jason O'Hara.
Photo courtesy of Mark Totti.
What is the OMDC DOC Toronto Mentorship Program?
A group of eight documentary filmmakers from Ontario, will be selected to attend Hot Docs with an Industry Pass and will also gain access to the HDF as an observer. In addition, they will be mentored by senior, experienced industry professionals so that they can optimize the experience and networking opportunities.
Who is eligible?
- documentary filmmakers who live and work in Ontario
- documentary filmmakers who have at least one producing or directing broadcast credit, but not more than five; or who have a comparable level of industry success and experience.
- applicants must have a slate of projects in development and if selected will be asked to submit one sheets and proposals to be vetted by industry mentors
- selected participants must be able to attend the majority of the Hot Docs Festival (April 26 to May 6) and the entire Hot Docs Forum (May 2 and 3). Selected participants must also be available for approx. four meetings to be scheduled in March/April, leading up to the festival, as well as a follow-up meeting post-festival.
- DOC Toronto has a stated mandate of supporting inclusion and diversity in the documentary industry. Please let us know if you are from an underrepresented community- visible minority, disability or aboriginal.
Please note that the application deadline has passed.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Adam Shamoon, Coordinator, at 416.599.3844 ext. 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The OMDC DOC Toronto Mentorship at Hot Docs is made possible with the generous support of the OMDC and Hot Docs.